Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Advice for overeating on healthy, “filling” foods?

Thursday, February 27, 2020

Advice for overeating on healthy, “filling” foods?

TL;DR: I have a hard time moderating even healthy, high fiber, not-super-palatable foods, and was hoping for advice (ideally while avoiding calorie counting).

I would say that I generally eat really healthy. A typical day for me might be:

Breakfast: oatmeal made with soy milk, peanut butter powder, and flaxseed meal

Lunch: beans of some sort with millet, maybe an orange

Snack: pumpkin seeds/almonds with carrots

Dinner: high-protein tofu with broccoli and spinach

However, I find that despite the high fiber content and sufficient protein in my diet (plus that none of my staple foods are hyper-palatable processed foods), I can easily overeat on things like chickpeas, almonds, edamame, millet, tofu, etc. I would think that because foods like these are generally considered filling and do not spike blood sugar, that they wouldn’t be super difficult to moderate, but that is not the case for me.

While I am not overweight, I am on the upper-end of the healthy BMI range and carry most of my fat around my stomach. Ideally I’d want to lose 5-10lbs while keeping up with the strength training I currently do.

I have difficulties with tracking my calories, as when I’ve done it in the past I tend to get very obsessive about it. I was thinking I could do that just for a couple days to get myself used to how much I actually should be eating.

Any other advice?

submitted by /u/lazy-aubergine
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/fan6vt/advice_for_overeating_on_healthy_filling_foods/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...