Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: It's not a race, it's a marathon.

Thursday, February 27, 2020

It's not a race, it's a marathon.

I was expressing my frustrations to my dad last night, wherein I had seemingly gained two pounds out of nowhere over the course of two days when I was staying within my calorie goals. And within some other health and weight loss advice (my dad has made the trek from obese to fit himself) he mentioned, "and remember, it's not a race, it's a marathon".

It's so easy to get frustrated and give up when we don't see results as fast as we want to. We want to be at our goal weights within months after starting, and for some it's possible! But for others like me, who have to shed the weight of an entire human being to get to my ultimate goal weight, it'll take time. And time. And time. And a little more time. Even if I did it perfectly, and shed two pounds every single week, it will still take me nearly two years. But that's okay!

We should try to balance our focuses, between the scale and our well-beings. If you focus too much on the scale, you might get discouraged. What matters most is that you're trying, even if you gain a little bit. You keep on trying. Because remember:

It's not a race. It's a marathon.

submitted by /u/kimception98
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/fanigv/its_not_a_race_its_a_marathon/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...