Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Losing Weight on Bad Mental Health Days?

Saturday, February 29, 2020

Losing Weight on Bad Mental Health Days?

So, for a bit of context:

On the 1st January, I was 199.2lbs (5”6 19F), and today I weighed in at 186.8lbs. I had been trying to lose weight before that, but this is the first time I’ve seen any sort of success.

I’ve had issues with rocky mental health since I was young (14ish); very low mood, panic/anxiety attacks etc, but have never gotten an official diagnosis of any sort. I’ve been in and out of counselling for about the same amount of time, but this isn’t really a post about managing my mental health.

More, I need some help with what to do on my ‘down’ periods and the eating habits that come with those. On Wednesday I could barely get out of bed and I’m pretty sure I ate way above even my maintenance. On Friday, I went to work until 12 and then stayed in bed for the rest of the day because I was so anxious. I barely ate, and just let myself be hungry until around 9pm when I started getting a headache.

(It’s probably worth noting that at the moment there’s definitely stuff going on that’s triggering this, but I can’t do anything about it right now).

I’m just looking for some help with eating when I’m not doing good. It’s pretty rare that I have a day like yesterday where I barely eat, so I guess that’s fine, but it’s the overeating that gets me. It’s so difficult to care about anything, much less weight loss, when I’m in that state. If I don’t want to get up to cook, or to even put together something as basic as a sandwich, I’ll eat whatever crap is in my room. And if there’s nothing there, that’s when I won’t eat anything.

Any help?

submitted by /u/damnshinoda
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/fbazt3/losing_weight_on_bad_mental_health_days/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...