Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Finding trouble managing intake and exercise since my schedule is packed in grad school, has anyone had success with IF? Looking for more fluid ways to manage my caloric intake.

Saturday, February 29, 2020

Finding trouble managing intake and exercise since my schedule is packed in grad school, has anyone had success with IF? Looking for more fluid ways to manage my caloric intake.

I had tried doing IF over the summer time to see what it was like, but I did the 2:5 version. I can usually manage my caloric intake pretty well, and my brother even commented I looked like I had lost some weight since i last saw him (8 lbs give or take) just over the past 6 months eating much healthier. I'm very short and don't have that much weight to lose, so I feel like 8 lbs is relatively noticeable. I've still had quite a few very very bad days, but generally I gravitate towards salads now, have been making almost all of my food, and opting for fruits and veggies for snacking.

Anyways, I liked the 2:5 diet because it felt like what i'm doing right now, in terms of just eating healthier in general without having to feel entirely on a diet. The 2:5 didn't work though. I DID lose weight, so managing my intake was fine on the other days, and effortless. The problem on the "2" days where I limited my intake to 1 meal and 500 ish calories was that I felt really bad all day, tired, so hangry, and couldn't focus on anything else. I did it for a few months, with only a 5 lb weight loss.... so just eating healthier and not exercising has proven better results than what felt like starving myself for two days a week.

A big problem with that diet was the way I was rewarded as well. I started to associate hunger with success, and became very obsessive about my food intake. I ate the same dinner for 2 months straight.... which I don't care what you're eating, that's not a great move.

I've been taking SSRI's for a few months however, and the main side-effect has been an increase in my appetite. I think i've done a bit of damage and already gained back 4 or 5 lbs. That's a lot to gain over 3 months, especially when it's just extra snacking or bad foods in addition to my healthy diet that had initially resulted in weight loss.

I feel like I need to do something to kind of help "reset" my appetite. This has really screwed me up quite a bit.

I was just thinking a "daily" IF approach might be better, and fit what i'm eating right now a bit better. I can get very full with the healthy food and maybe it will help me manage my appetite after the first few days.

Please let me know your thoughts on eating regimen or similar "diets".

Thank you!

submitted by /u/jumpingnoodlepoodle
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/fbmt94/finding_trouble_managing_intake_and_exercise/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...