Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: 115 lbs. down but still struggling & looking for advice.

Tuesday, December 31, 2019

115 lbs. down but still struggling & looking for advice.

I have completely transformed myself and lost 115 pounds since April of this 2019. I went from a size 4XL to a L/XL and have made an incredible difference in how I physically feel every day.

One thing I had not thought about, however, was the extra skin I was going to have after going through such a drastic change. I've been left with sagging skin on my stomach that rubs, is covered in stretch marks, and is uncomfortable. My chest feels saggy and deflated... something I was not worried about facing in my early twenties. I feel absolutely disgusting in my own skin, yet again, just in a whole new way.

I decided I wanted to consult with a plastic surgeon to see what could be done, and had my appointment this morning. I was cautiously optimistic and hung on to every encouraging word the doctor said until... she mentioned the cost of a procedure like that would end up being around $25,000. There is just absolutely no way I can afford anything close to that, and the news has left me binge-eating for the first time in 8 months.

Has anyone else gone through this post-weight loss depression? Has anyone found a way to make their skin removal surgery affordable? It's hard to explain these feelings to anyone who has not gone through them, and I don't know many people who have struggled through a huge weight loss. Any encouraging thoughts, words, or ideas are appreciated.

Happy New Year!

submitted by /u/thejigglyjedi
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/eiev70/115_lbs_down_but_still_struggling_looking_for/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...