Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: (UPDATE) It’s OK to Seek Professional Help

Saturday, December 28, 2019

(UPDATE) It’s OK to Seek Professional Help

55F 5’7” SW 279 CW 236

This is an update for those of you who advised I was not eating enough calories (1,000/day):

I brought this up at my last visit with my board certified dietitian, who said this was a myth. I’m losing weight slowly - 2-3 lbs per week. She said that calories are not equal across the board, which is why she would prefer I not even track them. 1,500 calories of carbs will be absorbed by our bodies at 100% or 1,500 calories. Whereas, 1,500 calories of protein are only absorbed at about 2/3 - 1,200 calories absorbed.

She wants me to continue focusing on maximizing protein (at least 80g per day, minimum 20 per meal), and minimizing carbs (max 100g carbs per day).

I’m down 43 lbs since September 27th. This includes a bout with the flu where I lost 7 lbs in two days. I am 1/3 of the way towards my goal weight of 160.

I’m not a proponent of unhealthy dieting. After my previous post I was very concerned I might not be doing the right thing and I appreciate all of your input.

Also, several of you were interested in the appetite suppressant she prescribed. I wound up stopping taking it on November 10th because I was getting heart palpitations. I actually have not missed it. My stomach has shrunk to the point I’m not super hungry between meals. Yay!!!

She also suggested I not track anything on Christmas Day. I felt like I pigged out, but I probably didn’t. I also had my favorite dessert of banana pudding. I got right back on the day after and I was still down two pounds last week.

It’s important to not feel deprived - deprivation leads to depression which leads to comfort eating.

My “homework” is to start looking around at activities that will get my heart rate up in a way I find enjoyable. I do not exercise at all. I’m starting to want to move around a little, though. She says exercise is the key to keeping the weight off. It will not help you lose weight.

I love reading all of your posts, and I am full of encouragement to us all!!!

submitted by /u/Yarntopia
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/egzig9/update_its_ok_to_seek_professional_help/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...