Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: A new start in a new decade

Tuesday, December 31, 2019

A new start in a new decade

Happy New Year's Eve! I'm sure that I'm not the only one who is ready to firmly close the door on this decade. The last 10 years have been full of instability and humongous changes for me. I turned 20 in 2010, and since then I have moved at least once a year, lived on 3 different continents, built and then left a successful career, and gotten married, and started from nothing with my new husband on continent number 4. Y'all. Looking back at all of that upheaval, it's no wonder that my weight is nowhere near where I want it to be. I'm an emotional eater, and a stress eater, and that whole career shift thing really knocked me on my ass health-wise. I went from doing 15k steps a day just at work, plus a 3 mile evening walk to being desk-bound most of the day. So, I'm formally committing to making changes this year. I have an amazingly stable life now, and I need to build good habits for the next round of life being life-y. My plan is as follows:

Month 1: 1500 calories per day, tracking with myfitnesspal, and monitoring calories out with my fitbit. Weighing myself everyday and using the TDEE spreadsheet to calibrate my numbers correctly. An early morning walk and either pilates or barre workout at home for 60 total minutes of morning exercise. Classes at my gym 2-3 days a week, mostly cardio oriented because I love the hell out of spin class. I have a bunch of niggling little injuries that I need to rehab a bit before I can go balls to the wall, and I feel like this is attainable for me personally.

It takes 21 days to form a habit, so I'm going to track, blog, and instagram everyday to keep myself accountable. This community is amazing, and I am so excited to do this with you guys. See you in 2020!

submitted by /u/body_of_data
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/ehzik6/a_new_start_in_a_new_decade/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...