Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I feel like I have been set up for failure.

Friday, December 27, 2019

I feel like I have been set up for failure.

As of now I am 5'8" and 200lbs. I have never had a healthy relationship with food. My entire family is or was overweight. When I was a kid, my father and my brother routinely stole my food. They scarfed down any food in the house, leftovers, or treats before I had a chance. My brother thought it was real funny to take food from my plate when I wasn't looking or if I got up to do something else. I was a pretty slow eater (because I have a still-unresolved jaw alignment issue so it take me a while to chew) so my mother constantly told me to eat faster. We were also food insecure for part of my childhood. Early on, I learned that I needed to eat as much as possible while I can because I don't know when my next meal will be. Or if there will be anything left for me after the rest of my family got to it. I also started to hoard junk food that other relatives/friends gave me in my bedroom or hide it elsewhere in the house. And I couldn't let anyone else see me eat it, because if they did, they would take it from me. On top of that, almost everything we ate was canned, frozen or fried. So you can combine the food insecurity, hoarding, being told to eat faster, lack of support/role models, AND the general lack of healthy food and it's understandable why I am fat. I know that I need to stop making excuses. I know that I am an adult now and I don't have to eat whatever my parents eat. I gained about 10 pounds a year from about five years ago to last year. I have eliminated sugary drinks from my diet and incorporated more fruits and vegetables, but all I've managed to do is stop gaining weight. I've been at 200lbs for about a year now. Does that count as progress?

submitted by /u/AssTasticBooty
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/eg7g1k/i_feel_like_i_have_been_set_up_for_failure/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...