Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: New year, new you. You CAN do this

Tuesday, December 31, 2019

New year, new you. You CAN do this

Years ago, I was dreading January 1st. The idea of stepping on a scale for the first time in forever and really holding myself accountable was terrifying. That first step changed my life.

I’m down roughly 90lbs from my starting weight and have never felt better. Here are a few things that helped me along the way.

1.) Start small. I had tried losing weight before more times than I can count and I always went too hard too fast and eventually burned myself out. Maybe January you simply look at your diet and add physical activity in come February.

2.) Get comfortable at the gym. When I started at the gym, I was CLUELESS. I couldn’t have told you the difference between a dumbbell and a bench. I liked to get an elliptical and spend my time there noticing other people using machines. This was an easy way to get an idea of how machines worked without having to stand in front of it looking clueless and lost for 10 minutes.

3.) Talk to a personal trainer. Most gyms will let the trainers give you at least 1 free sessions. This is another great way to get comfortable with new equipment.

4.) Take pictures! Yes, even if you don’t think you look different that week. Yes, even if you missed a workout that week. Yes yes yes. You can thank me later.

I’m sending you all the positive vibes I can muster. You got this! 💪

submitted by /u/DiscoveringMe2019
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/eidoei/new_year_new_you_you_can_do_this/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...