Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Starting from scratch when sick - advice/support please?

Friday, December 27, 2019

Starting from scratch when sick - advice/support please?

Today I ran into my high school guidance counsellor. I haven’t seen her in about 15 years, so I wasn’t surprised that she didn’t recognize me. When she did, she was so happy, and so happy to meet my husband. Then she stroked my tummy and asked when I was due.

I’m not pregnant. I’ve never had children.

I laughed it off as “Christmas dinner”, but it still stung. At 5’4” and 230lbs, I’m already not feeling great about myself, but man, that got to me.

This is t the first time. I got it a lot more when I was working. I can’t work more than part time hours anymore, but I used to get asked at least once a year. I had great answers... “is it a boy or a girl? “ got met with “cheesecake, I think!” And then I’d laugh like I wasn’t hurt.

Thing is, I take depression and anxiety meds and pain meds for fibromyalgia, all of which have weight gain as side effects. Everything hurts, and I walk with a cane most days... so embarrassing to be 35 and unable to go out without a cane. People stare. Especially older women... I hate leaving the house.

How am I supposed to exercise when everything hurts before I even get out of bed?

I’m going to try. January, I’m going to try the elliptical, slowly, 15 minutes in the morning, and cutting back on sweets. I feel like it’s going too much... and it’s Nothing. I’m overwhelmed by doing less than normal people do.

I keep coming across anecdotes and advice for people who are starting from a low point, but I need a plan that will get me to that low point.

Do any of you out there have suggestions?

submitted by /u/SparkyintheSnow
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/egl9hw/starting_from_scratch_when_sick_advicesupport/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...