Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I am breaking up with my identity of being a “foodie”.

Saturday, November 5, 2022

I am breaking up with my identity of being a “foodie”.

I took onboard this identity in 2019 after reaching maintenance for about a year. I started following all the popular foodie Instagram pages and cooking channels.

Would you all like to know where it got me? It got me cooking crazy calorie viral meals. It got me eating out and putting CICO in the bin, because tracking calories was getting in the way - and oh well I’m slim now - so it doesn’t matter! 🙄

The result? Over the last 3 years I have gained +20lb and have forgotten all the habits that helped me lose weight in the first place.

I no longer want to be a “foodie”. At least not by the traditional sense. I want to go back to my balanced meals that fit with CICO. I want to keep striving for finding delicious meals that fitted my macros.

It honestly goes to show what content you surround yourself with online, and what identity you associate with, really does impact the average of your behaviours - and then your weight overall.

Anyone else noticed a similar pattern in their weight loss journey?

submitted by /u/journeyofimprovemnt
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/ynduwl/i_am_breaking_up_with_my_identity_of_being_a/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...