Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Everyday is a teaching moment!

Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Everyday is a teaching moment!

I wanted to shed a little bit of humbling yet inspiring experience after losing over 170lbs in 2 years.

Before the success my mindset was always about perfection when it came to dieting. Stay under your deficit and if god forbid you have a bad day or slightly go over your deficit, throw in the towel and eat everything you see in sight.

Once I shifted my mindset to being imperfectly consistent, the game changed! It doesnt matter if you ruined a day or two of eating during the week. What matters is picking up where you left off. Because in the long run when you look back to 3, 6, or 12 months of your health journey, a few days of bad eating isnt going to matter. The results will still come.

You would think after losing 170lbs I would have mastered this mindset. Oh no, I still waver some days and still have days where I dont do well on my deficit because of different reasons and want to throw in the towel.

Today I ended up over indulging a bit on chocolate and this dessert I call brownie bombs. Its basically a brownie wrapped around a date in at the center its filled with walnuts. One of them is 200 calories. So I had one even though I knew I was over my calorie limit. I felt defeated and stressed. Next week is my birthday and I had a huge day planned with a lot of celebratory food and the thought of me messing up now just a week away from all the high calorie foods Ill be eating made me feel horrible.

But I kept repeating the phrase "imperfectly consistent" and have moved on. Tomorrow will be a new day. Sometimes we will eat over our deficit. Sometimes we need to eat a little more. Sometimes our body needs a little extra. Thats okay. Tomorrow is a new day.

If you like drop your experiences below for others to read!

submitted by /u/zahimahi97
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/ykkufp/everyday_is_a_teaching_moment/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...