Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Tracking calorie deficit using Apple Watch with Apple Health

Saturday, February 5, 2022

Tracking calorie deficit using Apple Watch with Apple Health

So I’ve been trying to lose weight yet again, and this time around I have a better understanding of how calorie deficits work, and I think I’m calculating it correctly, but I’ve been using my Apple Watch to track workouts and calories burned and then using the data from Apple Health to calculate my deficit to make sure I’m not over/under-doing it with the deficit. So I have two questions:

  1. For those of you who pay attention to Apple Health data, do you think that Apple Health data generally seems accurate when paired with an Apple Watch?

  2. Does the following math check out?

For the this I’m translating apple health testing energy as BMR, active energy as exercise calories, and dietary energy as calories consumed. So TDEE would be resting energy plus active energy. And all of the following numbers are weekly averages.

24yo male, 251 lb, 6’0” height

Resting Energy: 2720 kC Active Energy: 964 kC Dietary Energy: 1632 kC

So deficit = Resting Energy + Active Energy - Dietary Energy

Deficit = 2720 + 964 - 1632 = 2052 kC

My first thought is that the “resting energy” sounds a bit high, if it’s supposed to correspond to BMR. My BMR based on my body type should be around 2100 kC, as far as I know.

Regardless of my BMR, this definitely makes me worry that I’m not eating enough. But at the same time, I’m just not sure how much I can trust this data, and I really don’t want to overeat. I feel like my body is getting enough food at 1600 kC, so I don’t want to eat more just based on some data from Apple Health, you know?

submitted by /u/0aky_Afterbirth_
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/sliqxt/tracking_calorie_deficit_using_apple_watch_with/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...