Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Sweet tooth or food addiction?

Sunday, February 6, 2022

Sweet tooth or food addiction?

So I'm back on the wagon, again, because I still haven't figured out the trick I need to make the lifestyle changes stick. Covid certainly hasn't helped. My desk job was countered with a 5km walk to and back to the office and lovely stairs I'd go up and down all day.

But ignoring that, food is always gonna be my issue because I know I eat too many calories. And while I try and address that, I've been thinking and reading. Plenty of people talk about being addicted to food and I know many are. My overeating seems so unreasonable when examined in the cold light of day that it has me wondering if I may possibly be addicted but I don't really fall for any of the other common addictions which has me second guessing it. I don't smoke (tried it, not for me), don't do drugs (tried and again, not for me), I could drink a lot in a single session but on the same token I could happily go months without drinking and it wouldn't phase me in the slightest.

The only other thing I am a bit bad for is a little bit of a workaholic, but I think that's more because I like getting things done in my job (IT) where it's all about solving problems.

But when it comes to food, I THINK my failing is liking "something sweet" after eating anything which for me could be a small bar or a packet of biscuits depending on the day. I would eat big portions of food if it's given to me but I don't really crave big lumps of protein or lots of carbs, its usually treats.

I also know I don't do myself any favours by doing things like staying up late and binge eating then or getting something sweet when out getting fuel or hitting the shops. Part of me almost likes the idea of it being an addiction because then it's a condition and there may be treatment I haven't tried yet, but the logical side of my brain is saying I've just feck all will power and I'm not really trying that hard (even though I spend time almost every day thinking about losing weight).

Anyone been through similar? Any advice they can give? I honestly don't know what I'm looking for, but just hoping that something I write will trigger the comment that changes my life.

Thanks for reading!

submitted by /u/redxiv2
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/smaoyv/sweet_tooth_or_food_addiction/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...