Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: How was it for you the first time they told you "Wow! You lost a lot of weight, you look great"?

Tuesday, November 2, 2021

How was it for you the first time they told you "Wow! You lost a lot of weight, you look great"?

So, i (F 39)posted about my journey a couple of times in this forum. Was normal weight but then gained a lot after my pregnancy, gained slowly but surely year after year until i gained 30 kilos (around 60 pounds) and got obese. Then last year i got covid and bilateral pneumonia (thankfully not oxygen) and got debilitated for 9 months, couldnt excersise. Basically was fine in march this year. I started eating healthy, counting calories, around january, and end of march i was walking 7 km per day. On May my brother got covid and got intubated he almost died 1 month in coma 2 months in ICU (but thats another story). Thankfully he recovered.

I Never stopped excersising, mostly to keep myself mentally sane. At one point i sprinkle my ankle, 3rd degree injury, was one month out of it, using crutches. After that i bought an excersise bike to start slowly and, finally, in august, i started excersising again. First bike, then bike + weights and abs. Its been over two months. The change in my body is rather drastic.

Finally, after months and months of excersising and personal tragedy ( first my brother, then one of my best friends died in the middle of this, a month and a half ago, and my uncle died 2 weeks ago) and never giving up and actually using excersise as a tool to help my sadness and anxiety, people started notice. First it was a comment here or there, like you look so good, but the other day i was reunited with extended family and they are well shocked at how good i looked, they were even asking for tips. I realized people can actually notice and its such a great feeling. For months, i just did it for guilt at first, and as a reaction of being inmovilized by pneumonia for months. Then, for a LONG time i did it (actually still do) to help curb the sadness and anxiety. To realize that is so noticeable almost shocked me. But it took months, i started this journey in march, and in october was when people started commenting/being shocked and effusive about it.

The things i did that i think help me lose the 25 pounds i lost already (i still have 20 more to get to my goal weight) was counting calories app at first, for months i registered everything i ate and always stayed around 1500 calories. Tbh, i didnt notice changes in the first few months but registering everything REALLY helped me in knowing what i eat and eating much healthier foods in general. Once i incorporated all this, i stopped using the apps and continued to eat healthy. I didnt start noticing changes until i started excersising (walking at first), but the more drastic changes occured with the biking+weights+abs excersise in the last 2 months. Not so much the weight, but the SHAPE of my body completely changed after doing 50 min cardio on the bike daily + 25 minutes of weight, abs and streching. Daily. This did it for me.

I might do it for the compliments now :p. Just kidding, but is a very rewarding side effect.

It would be great to read your stories as well

submitted by /u/Preatu
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/qlmubi/how_was_it_for_you_the_first_time_they_told_you/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...