Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Social anxiety at the gym

Monday, October 25, 2021

Social anxiety at the gym

I know people don't care. I know people are doing their own thing. I know all of that. But social anxiety is not meant to be rational. Your mind tricks you everytime. Deep inside I know I enjoy going to the gym and working out, I feel more confident when I focus on the workouts but those days are rare. Most days, the anxiety is just too much. My mind always makes me feel judged, exposed and makes me question the way I look everytime I get into that place. I can hardly look in the mirror, I feel so ashamed about myself when I feel like this and the anxiety makes it harder for me to perform my workouts perfectly. I stopped going to the gym 2 years ago for that very reason. I used to cry at the gym's parking lot everytime I got out of there wondering "Why do I have to feel this way? Why can't I just enjoy this moment? I just want to apply this healthy habit to my life and I want to enjoy it. But it's impossible to do so when I'm feeling shaky, sweaty, dizzy and terrible even before stepping in."

submitted by /u/Admirable-District-9
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/qfw67p/social_anxiety_at_the_gym/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...