Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I bought a mirror to counteract my body dysmorphia

Sunday, July 4, 2021

I bought a mirror to counteract my body dysmorphia

Yeah, I did something that I hate to stop myself from hating myself. I lost a lot of weight at one time, got to 125, but even then I felt fat. I felt like I was still 148, and it hurt to look at my face in the mirror. I felt like I looked pregnant at my own wedding.

Well, I got the pictures back a year later. I was thin! I was beautiful! No, I wasn't 90 lb me, but I looked so healthy and fit!

I think if I would have had a mirror and not have been bloated, my image would have been better. So I bought a mirror and took a progress picture. I am going to combat my body dysmorphia. I am not going to let myself hate my body. I am at 152 lb, and I am going to get healthy again. And I already noticed that my stomach is smaller. Not incredibly so, but enough that my skirts fit me differently.

I am already fighting against the image I built up of what I look like. I wish I would have done this when I lost all my weight. It may have stayed off if I would have done that. Or maybe not, as I am in postpartum period of my life. But it helps I did this once. And I looked good. So I can do it again.

submitted by /u/walkingbythemoon
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/odlwtc/i_bought_a_mirror_to_counteract_my_body_dysmorphia/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...