Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I know what to do to lose it, I just can’t figure my calorie goal??

Thursday, July 29, 2021

I know what to do to lose it, I just can’t figure my calorie goal??

I’m a 27F, 5’7”, 195 pounds. I’ve been trying to lose weight for awhile now (GW 160) but I haven’t truly committed to it. I’m that person who blows up their calories on the weekend and I wonder why I haven’t dropped a pound after a month. I love dessert, alcohol and going out with friends. I know what to do to lose the weight, I just don’t do it how it should be done.

So here I am, blown away I’ve gained another 10 pounds since October, and I’m officially done.

I’ve calculated my BMR, TDEE, macros, in the past, but with my track record of fucking up, I’d like to get it right this time, and I’d love some advice!

The one thing I’m good at is working out. I lift 4-5x a week, ride my peloton 3x a week, and I try to hit 7,000 steps on those days I go to the gym. But on days like today when i just do peloton (or a rest day), I’m at 2,000 steps and that’s it. When it’s winter and beautiful out, I usually walk to the gym and around the neighborhood so steps are easier for me then.

So. When I calculate my TDEE am I sedentary? Or am I light activity? Sedentary maintenance calories is 1,983. BMR is 1,652. And tdeecalculator.com says a cut would mean I’m eating 1,483 calories… or 169 calories under my BMR. Is that normal?? Their light exercise says a TDEE of 2,272 and it recommends eating 1,772 calories.

I also tried macros on Precision Nutrition which has me at 1,870 calories a day. I marked down my job as sedentary but with moderate activity.

That’s a huge difference between the two and I have no idea what I should do. The last time I screwed up my calories I ended up bulking (went from 145 to 167 in a matter of months - combo of muscle and fat) and I want to avoid that at all costs.

If anyone has any input, I’d greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

submitted by /u/pursuitofwilderness
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/oucg23/i_know_what_to_do_to_lose_it_i_just_cant_figure/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...