Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Near-IR for body comp

Thursday, July 29, 2021

Near-IR for body comp

Hi All,

Thanks for adding me to the group. For background, I'm a 31 year old male, husband, and father of 2. I'm also the CEO of a startup.

I'm pretty meticulous about counting calories and reasonably so with macros (1g of protein per body weight). I lift heavy compound movements and do minimal cardio.

One thing I always wanted to know was my body fat % and caloric burn, but the calculators online and weight scales were just so inaccurate I didn't trust it.

In my quest to find an accurate and convenient way to measure BF and caloric burn, I came across Near-Infrared Quantitative Analysis, have you guys heard of it? I read that the USDA invented this in the 1970 to quickly determine the organic content (fat, protein, water) of ground beef with 99.9% accuracy.

Essentially, the way it works is your body (muscle, fat, and water) all absorb different spectrums of light wavelengths and glows back a different color. This technology will then pick up the color and a breakdown with 99% accuracy on your total body composition.

I read somewhere that this technology can be applied to measure body composition on humans to determine their body fat, lean body mass, and water content with a high level of accuracy and convenience.

I was thinking of reaching out to the USDA researchers to try and bring this technology to everyday people. Would anyone in this group be interested in something like this?

submitted by /u/Classic_Judge_1904
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/otwf42/nearir_for_body_comp/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...