Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: How do I lose weight in an unhealthy family during quarantine?

Wednesday, July 28, 2021

How do I lose weight in an unhealthy family during quarantine?

I (17F) am 60 kg (132.27 lbs) at the height of 4'11. I plan to at least lose 15 kg (33.07 lbs)

I have tried to lose weight myself around a year ago, by eating healthy, portion control and working out, but that was short -lived. Around a few months ago, I felt a horrible pain in my stomach after having not eaten for a while in my attempt to lose weight and was sent to the hospital to be treated. That moment made me feel terrified. I want to lose weight, but not at the expense of my mental and physical health.

I live with my parents and have tried to talk to them about eating healthy and buying healthier alternatives, but they'll always reason that it's expensive (and sometimes, I have to agree). I tried to ask if I can contribute to grocery shopping, but I was turned down. They will occasionally buy foods high in carbs and a lot of sweets and chips. I try to tell them not to, but they'll reason that I should simply just not eat them.

On good days, I can go for weeks not giving into temptation, but there are days where I simply can't. I feel helpless. I'm not quite sure what to do. 2 weeks ago, I tried intermittent fasting (9 am - 5 pm), but I am unsure if I'm heading the right direction.

Due to Covid, my parents do not allow me to go outside (even for walks), so I'm mostly stuck at home with pretty much nothing to do.

submitted by /u/USB-Pen
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/ot5u1h/how_do_i_lose_weight_in_an_unhealthy_family/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...