Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Binged on junk food today. Quitting smoking was so much easier!

Thursday, July 29, 2021

Binged on junk food today. Quitting smoking was so much easier!

Ugh, I was doing SO WELL this week, you guys. I was eating all the right foods- lots and lots of vegetables, some fruits, lean protein, a small bit of carbs, and yes, even a sweet or two. The healthy eating not only made me feel so much better - improving my mood, focus and stamina, I was also seeing the numbers move in the right direction on the scale.

Enter today (Thursday actually, since it’s early Friday AM as I type this now) to ruin everything. I had a bit of a stressful thing that needed addressing this morning, and I think that just triggered a day of uncontrolled binge eating. Nothing I ate was green. I even had fast food, which I have otherwise successfully avoided for two weeks. Eating all that left me feeling disgusting, disappointed and angry.

After all was said and done, I calculated my caloric intake for the day and I had consumed 3,400 calories. Wow. Despite the high number, from a purely CICO standpoint, I achieved the mission today. As a 291-pound male, my BMR is 2,500 calories/day. That would still put me at a 900 cal surplus, but I got a nice amount of activity in today: a 10K run, 4 miles of purposeful walking, and a bit of incidental walking. My Apple Watch says I burned 3,100 active calories for the day, which would put me in a 2,200 calorie deficit. So again, based on the CICO approach, mission accomplished. But for me this journey is also about learning healthy eating habits, and I certainly took a few steps back today.

I’m proud of myself for getting a lot of activity in and reversing (calorically) the negative food decisions I made today, but I’m disappointed that I filled my body up with garbage food. I shouldn’t be trying to “outrun a bad diet”.

Tomorrow is a new day and I’m definitely going to reset with the right foods again. I’m posting this here so that I can refer to this later on when I get the urge to binge on crap food. Note to future self: IT IS NOT WORTH IT. If I can quit a 9-year cigarette habit totally cold turkey and remain smoke free for 3 years, I can quit junk food too.

submitted by /u/brownstonebk
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/oued5x/binged_on_junk_food_today_quitting_smoking_was_so/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...