Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Bliss point

Sunday, July 4, 2021

Bliss point

I read this newspaper article about a man who had WeightLoss surgery. Towards the end, the article starts to speak about fragrances and the great effort that is made to produce highly processed foods. There was a paragraph that caught my attention:

Open quote

Taste-makers, psychologists and neuromarketing agencies are hired to override our willpower and find the best combinations of marketing and flavours. Get it right and you hit what is known as the “bliss point” — the specific formulation of ingredients that brings consumers right to the brink, the apex, of satisfaction.

End quote.

Since starting my WeightLoss journey in late February this year, I have avoided overt sugar like it’s heroine. I feel that if I just have something sweet, I may fall of the wagon for life. I know it sounds super paranoid, and probably not true. Recently I have levelled up and I am trying to exclude hidden sugar too which almost eliminates all processed foods from my diet. In the article it speaks about the term ‘bliss point’ which is exactly what scares as it shows how strong my resolve needs to be, if I am up against the whole (food industry) machine.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/britains-obesity-crisis-how-did-we-get-so-big-fcdcchc5z

submitted by /u/Presentation_bug
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/odhsvn/bliss_point/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...