Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: My [20F] 7 Year MFP Journey

Saturday, August 1, 2020

My [20F] 7 Year MFP Journey

An email announcing my 7 year anniversary of using MyFitnessPal came in recently. This came shortly before I found out I reached my goal weight of 120lbs. I found the timing of the two milestones eerie, if not slightly interesting.

I was 13 when I was told by my doctor that according to my BMI, I was overweight. 13 when that label started to follow me around and plague my middle school and high school years. 13 when I began trying to track my calories and lose weight. 13 when I began to want to be thin so boys would like me and see me as desirable. I didn’t know then that that label would set me on a path riddled with eating disorders, insecurities, injuries and much more. I was barely a teenager.

I reached my goal weight today like I mentioned previously. There were no sudden rainbows in the sky or light beaming down illuminating my scale. I didn’t all of a sudden love myself unconditionally or feel supremely confident. I stepped on the scale, read the number, and went to go help my parents with some chores. My life is still the same at my goal weight. But it also isn’t. I don’t binge and purge anymore. I don’t think about food constantly anymore. I don’t use food as a reward or exercise as punishment. I feel and look strong. I’m so damn proud of myself for achieving my goal. The old me would have wanted to binge-eat in celebration. This medoesn’t.

submitted by /u/Fawizzle33
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/i23ztz/my_20f_7_year_mfp_journey/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...