Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: 15 year old male trying to lose weight (or should I even?)

Thursday, August 27, 2020

15 year old male trying to lose weight (or should I even?)

I'm currently a 5'5", 150lb male trying to lose weight at 15. Now, on a BMI calculator (which I know isn't reliable but it's the best I can do), it states that I am just barely average weight. However, when I look in a mirror, I definitely have a belly and flabs, which I would like to lose, and I also have fat all over. My mother says that it's ok and that I shouldn't worry about it but I'm tired of mediocrity. I'm tired of always being made fun of or being picked last or being the butt of most jokes in my social circles. There has to be more than this.

In quarantine, I started my journey by trying to limit fast food, soda, and sweets intake and I also started doing some simple workouts (for example, 100 pushups every other day and sometimes I did variations like diamonds or pseudo planches, 100 squats every other day, some weighted backpack workouts like bicep curls, rows, etc. every other day). I don't think they did much but I think they have benefited me greatly as I can stick to a routine now. I always have to do 100 pushups or I feel disgusted with myself for slacking off. I haven't done any cardio though and I only take a few walks a month since I have some social anxiety, which I also aim to beat during this journey. I thought I was doing healthy this quarantine by only eating 2 meals a day (usually because I woke up late) but recently I started guesstimating and tracking how many calories I did eat using an app and I was shocked that I ate close or even more to the same amount I did before.

Unfortunately for me, the only food I can cook is eggs, and my mom cooks all my food. I love her, but most of her food she usually cooks is unhealthy, but I usually just eat the healthiest things she did cook that day and leave the rest. My diet is just rice and meat and vegetable soup usually. I want to learn how to cook my own food this year but it seems so daunting for a beginner. I also would like to purchase a food scale and some measuring tools when I can. I make sure to always eat enough protein in a day though, but I haven't been tracking my other macros.

I checked how many calories I should be eating or at a deficit in using online tools, and it states that my current maintenance calories for someone who does light exercise a few times a week is around 2100 calories, which seems accurate to what I tracked. It states that I should be eating at 1700-1800 calories a day if I want to lose weight, but I have a question. Could this potentially compromise my growth and development? After all I am already pretty short. Most of my family also says it isn't necessary, but they are all overweight.

Also, I have been considering going to a gym or YMCA in my area to do some strength training and cardio to lose weight but I'm not sure if strength training will be beneficial.

Some general tips and an answer to my question is all I need.

submitted by /u/lightning_dude
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/ihyqtk/15_year_old_male_trying_to_lose_weight_or_should/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...