Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Does CICO really work?

Monday, August 31, 2020

Does CICO really work?

This will be a bit long but I appreciate anyone who takes the time to read.

A little background might be necessary.

I'm a stay at home mom of two kids, aged 4 and 9 months. I've been out of work for the past 2 years due to mental health issues. I'm supposed to get back out there in about 2 months, starting slow only working a few hours a day to get my groove back and not crash again so to speak.

In these two years I've been very seditary and have slowly started gaining weight, and I would say I'm about 240lbs now, I'm 5'8 for reference. Before Corona I had just gotten back to doing hot yoga, something I did before baby number two, not just for exercise but because I enjoyed it. But that got shut down in the beginning of March. So now I'm back to not moving other than the occasional walk around the neighborhood with the stroller.

I decided to try CICO since everywhere I read said that was the only real way to lose weight. I downloaded a calorie counting app to help me keep track and cut out pretty much all soda, candy, snacks and junkfood (which there was previously A LOT of). I'm trying to only eat when I'm hungry and stay under 1500 calories a day by choosing better food and smaller portions.

Here's the issue, my husband says it doesn't matter if I cut down my calorie intake if I don't also exercise. Sure I could go out for more walks, or even start running (something I absolutely despise btw) or start back up on my yoga. (They have finally opened back up with restrictions of course. But I don't want to risk anything since the cases here haven't started going down just yet.) But the issue is that after a full day of dealing with two small kids and our home I don't have much energy left over for working out. I was hoping I would get some more energy once I lose a little weight and slowly start moving more and more but as of right now I'm exhausted. So I just want to know if there is more I could be doing? And if reducing my calorie intake really won't make a difference if I don't also excerise? Any help or tips would be very appreciated.

submitted by /u/notsowildflower
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/ijvjpc/does_cico_really_work/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...