Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: How do you cope with attention from weight loss?

Friday, August 28, 2020

How do you cope with attention from weight loss?

Not sure if this is the right sub but here goes: how do you cope with the attention??

When I lose weight I'll feel great, feel healthy, etc. But suddenly I'll get to a point where everyone is telling me how attractive I am, random men (and women?) are chasing me out of work all the way to my car, stalking me on social media, touching me for no reason, etc. It feels like every 1/5 people I meet/see is treating me like an object instead of a person, and 1/10 can't just leave me alone and harasses me or pursues me. Even when I'm actively being mean/cold, people are triggering me left and right, like strangers asking me to do sexual favors, and I'll get stressed and start eating again because the adrenaline makes me feel like I'm starving to death. My stomach literally never growls unless I'm stressed out/high on adrenaline, but when that happens I'm never satisfied (even if I eat an entire family sized salad).

I know there's got to be others in the same boat. How do you deal with all that nonsense? I'm obviously not coping properly. I either stay "skinny" and never go out, or I go out and get stressed and gain weight again.This is definitely not the right way to deal. I don't know what change I need to make but change needs to be made. It seems like the older I get, the more I feel the pressure to be healthy.

And before anyone asks,, for the sake of personal info, no, I don't "dress sexy" or anything, so there really isn't anything to fix physically to make me less attractive.. I just wear some jeans and a baggy t-shirt, beaten up sneakers, and throw my hair up in an ugly messy bun. Sports bra that makes me look flat chested bc too much uncomfortable loose skin for a regular bra. I don't do makeup, I always sport my raccoon eyes and half chapped lips. I'm probably just an average 4-6/10 on any given day. Honestly, I kind of look like my name would be Olga or Magnus, if that gives you a picture. I almost look like human Shrek with an unkempt man-bun, except it's not as hot on me imo because I'm a female. Lol.

TLDR: People are just weird to you when you get thinner and I need help coping with the weird people instead of stress eating & punishing myself and ruining my heart and knees.

submitted by /u/dougdimmado
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/iikdgp/how_do_you_cope_with_attention_from_weight_loss/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...