Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: How do I stop eating so damn much

Wednesday, August 26, 2020

How do I stop eating so damn much

How do you stop eating so much?

I'm obese, and as far as I can remember I always have been. It is going to kill me, and leave my kids without a father. If it doesn't kill me soon it will cost me my career, and I likely won't see my kids graduate school.

My last physical, I was told I'm prediabetic and have high bp. I'm in my 30s. I was told that I could stop it, and change it, and fix it if I started taking it seriously. I was told I would lose my job if I didn't fix things. My doctor sat down in front of me and told me that my kids would grow up without a father I'd I didn't fix things. I haven't done anything, and that was months ago.

I run 5ks, I get exercise, I play sports (well did before covid) but I can't stop stuffing my face. It's not uncommon to eat 8k+ calories a day. I can't stop eating things that I shouldn't, foods that I know/am diagnosed (gluten) make me sick. Every day I wake up and tell myself this is the day I change my life, and I fail. every. single. day. Some days it's without thinking, but most days it's actively sabotaging myself, "fuck it why bother" is an all too familiar refrain.

I don't know why I wrote this, I know there's nothing anyone can do to fix me, except me. I've lurked here for years marvelling in the success of others trying to find inspiration for my own transformation. But if I can't do it for myself, or for my kids after being warned in no uncertain terms by different doctors.

And the familiar refrain pushes its way into my thoughts again, even now. Why bother writing this. Why bother even trying.

submitted by /u/Throwaway300lb
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/ihdodz/how_do_i_stop_eating_so_damn_much/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...