Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Did I hit my plateau or am I not eating enough for the exercise I do?

Sunday, August 30, 2020

Did I hit my plateau or am I not eating enough for the exercise I do?

23F | 4'11" | SW:150lbs | CW: 140lbs | GW:130lbs

TL;DR: I exercise 6 times a week. 3 days (MWF) full body resistance training for 1 hr and 6 days (M-S) aerobic exercise for 1hr, mainly Ring Fit Adventure and jogging in place. My TDEE is 1400, and I'm eating only 1200 a day. Have I stopped losing weight because I hit a plateau, am I just gaining muscle, or is my body clinging to my fat because I'm not eating enough?

...

Alright, so I've tried to do my own research and watch videos and look up FAQs, but I kind of just ended up confused with everything I read and watched, so I'm here to ask for some help.

I've been doing CICO and doing aerobic exercise since about mid June, exercising for 1 hr a day 6 days a week and eating 1200 calories a day. I've managed to lose a good amount of weight from it, but I wanted to take it a step further by doing resistance training. I started doing resistance training 3x a week, full body with the help of the Fitbod app (I use dumbbells.) I burn around 200 calories from it, and an additional 100-150 calories from playing RingFit adventure (I cut the game's estimated calories burned in half.)

I'm doing all this while maintaining my 1200 diet and it feels like I've stopped making progress. My body looks the same (except my arms look just the slightest bit more toned) and I haven't been budging on the scale. Like I said earlier, have I stopped losing weight because I hit a plateau, am I just gaining muscle that's why the scale still says 140, or is my body clinging to my fat because I'm not eating enough? I just feel like I should be losing more at this point and I'm honestly just confused with everything I read and watch.

Sorry if it's actually a lot simpler than I think it is-- the constant number on my scale has kind of sent my head all over the place.

submitted by /u/czadrich
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/ijcb34/did_i_hit_my_plateau_or_am_i_not_eating_enough/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...