Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Never needed to actually lose weight before now. How do I even start?

Thursday, August 27, 2020

Never needed to actually lose weight before now. How do I even start?

(first post on reddit, go easy on me haha) For context first: I know I'm not the only one who flips back and forth between thinking I look alright, just a little thick, and hating how different I look 2ish years out from highschool. It just gets a little sad when I see all the clothes that aren't any close to coming on anymore :( I found my mother's cool vintage jean jacket tonight (!!!) and I think it was the last straw, just seeing how skinny she was when she was 20 versus me, turning 20 a month or so ago (the jacket was about 6 inches away from even a snug closure)

Anyways

How does one start losing weight if you've never had to before? I'm in a major that requires you sit in a chair at a desk 8-10 hours a day, every day of the week. I don't have a lot of money for organic, non processed stuff, but enough to get some vegetables and fruit. I know it all starts in the kitchen, but how can I make it easier to fill up on carrot sticks and oranges and not feel justified to binge at every opportunity I get? What's easy to cook but still healthy, and not too expensive?

I know losing 30-40 pounds isn't the most difficult thing to do. I'm 5'6, about 185 now, and used to comfortably float around 150. It's just so daunting when I'm the only one I know from school who's at this size and having this issue. I won't even go running with my roommates because I moved to Florida, so its too hot to not wear shorts, and now my thighs are too fat to wear them and not get chubrub!!!

What kind of horrible cycle of too fat to not work out but not skinny enough to work out is that!!!! smh

Setting out to lose weight is just so daunting when you're young enough that your "metabolism should take care of it all for you", but old enough to not actually have any easy resources (sports, freetime) to help

It also doesn't help that I'm not fat enough to be risking any adverse health issues; I'm just heavy enough to feel bad about how I look in the mirror, so I feel like I'm fishing for compliments when I try to talk to my skinnier and prettier friends about my insecurities. They just say "you gorgeous gurl!!! love urself!!!! thicc thighed queen!!!" when they're like 100 pounds soaking wet and constantly talk about how much weight they've lost (which is also a problem, I get it, but I can't even comprehend people not having to battle to keep off pounds).

TL:DR I just turned 20 and for the first time, need to set out to lose weight. Has someone in a similar situation done what I'm trying to do? How do you train yourself to choose the healthy option, and not take every opportunity to binge or eat poorly? Any tips from someone who's overcome these kinds of mental barriers? Any good exercise channels on youtube? This stuff is seriously daunting!

thank you for any input in advance! I'm sorry I'm wordy!

submitted by /u/Hamster1242
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/ihfhfu/never_needed_to_actually_lose_weight_before_now/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...