Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Weight-loss/Diet embarrassment.

Saturday, August 29, 2020

Weight-loss/Diet embarrassment.

In a similar vein to another recent post here I just wanted to share my experience and feelings as there might be other weirdos like me out there.

I dont know why but I am literally embarrassed by even the thought of talking about diet, exercise or weight-loss.

For some quick context I'm 30 (yeesh) M 5'5" and weigh 227 lbs(269.7 3 months ago) the lost weight is very apparent on me and although its only 30 lbs it probable looks closer to 50.

People ask me what I've been doing to lose weight and it makes me uncomfortable... Im not uncomfortable for anything. I'm one of the most extroverted people I know. But when it comes to these type of discussions I shink. I just want to crawl in a tiny hole (that I don't fit in) and make people stop talking about it.

Most people would be proud. Everyone is very nice, super happy for me and always encouraging...it feels...wrong.... No one is like that normally. My mind feels like its a trick. Idk. But I do know that I hate it. Even when my wife just talks to her family and is like "Censoreduser has lost x weight l, he looks so good!" I ask her to stop and not bring it up...

It is almost demoralizing and demotivating. I can only imagine that by talking about my weight-loss, I'm acknowledging that I have a problem with my weight and that makes me feel like poop. So I guess I avoid it...

Anyway the point is just like those last few reps at the gym, those last few sprinting moments on a run, you have to get through it. Blow past it hard and fast, then look back and laugh.

I know that I will be proud once I reach my goals. Im a relatively bulky kinda muscular dude so I don't expect nore want to get much below 200 or 190. But just like those awkward phases when you might be growing out your hair or beard while working on a new style, those middle stages are weird and I dont want to talk to you about it. I just want it to pass...

Maybe thats all just me but I wanted to share anyway. Helped make sense of the whole situation for myself more than anything else really...

Thanks. Be well friends.

submitted by /u/CensoredUser
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/ij69og/weightlossdiet_embarrassment/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...