Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Any vegans here? Any tips for vegan weight loss?

Saturday, August 29, 2020

Any vegans here? Any tips for vegan weight loss?

If you saw my username, I'm "Him". My vegan wife has been vegan for 20+ years. I'm not vegan. Both she and I are overweight... significantly. (I'm 5'9", 260lbs... she's 5'8" and probably 220lbs.) You may ask how a vegan can be overweight. Maybe you don't, but I know many people go vegan for weight loss. We eat pretty healthy foods, we just eat... I suppose... more than recommended. Anyone who's been on this journey knows that "just eat less" isn't really a great motivation. If it were that easy, everyone would be in perfect shape.

Here's a problem with her veganism: she's super picky. She hates many vegetables like cucumber, bell pepper, tomato... stuff that would be "normal" salad foods. She also doesn't like Indian food or many other things that are in 90% of the recipes you can find online. Thankfully, she likes many veggies, like broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, cabbage, artichoke, asparagus, etc. I need suggestions of (hopefully) other vegans who may be in a similar situation.

I also think she may be hypoglycemic or something. She gets hangry way more than most people. I read that's a symptom... but who knows.

So anyway, here we are... at the start of our journey. You can see why I'm at a loss for what to do. My wife has so much other stuff occupying her brain, that I want to take the lead with this stuff. Hopefully, this will be the start of something awesome.

Thanks so much for reading.

submitted by /u/HimAndHisVeganWife
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/ij6i1b/any_vegans_here_any_tips_for_vegan_weight_loss/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...