Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: How do you change your mentality to keep focus on losing weight

Thursday, August 27, 2020

How do you change your mentality to keep focus on losing weight

Okay so this has been a problem of mine for the past few years. Every year I have a phase where I decide to go back to the gym, attempt to eat healthy and eat less, and try to keep focus in order to lose weight. I remember back in 2017 this method almost worked for me. I weighed 260 pounds and by the end of that year I weighed 209, the lowest I’ve been in a long time and was so close to being under 200.

Then the next few months come and I start to wane on my exercise habits and regress back to a unhealthy lifestyle, but this time worse because I picked up smoking as a habit and since then, I just lost determination and discipline. A week before COVID-19 shut place down in the US, I went back to the gym again with decent progress until places started shutting down and now my mind has accepted being lazy again.

How do you guys fight this depression? In all of my attempts to lose weight in the past few years, it’s really my mind that has held me back for my whole life.

I’m 5’7 and weigh 275 pounds so I’m worse off than I was back in 2017 when I lost a good amount of weight. I don’t even want to have like a super hot body, I just want to look like I take care of myself. Because of my weight I either missed out or was late on major life milestones because my weight and mind has held me back from the potential I could have had. My mind has rendered me to be desensitized to fat jokes but I imagine what life would be like growing up healthier instead of having to deal with fat jokes.

Edit: my flair was added back in 2017 and yet I have failed in that progress. I just want to be healthier and look better in clothes.

submitted by /u/natonio95
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/ihyrx1/how_do_you_change_your_mentality_to_keep_focus_on/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...