Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Is it safe to lose 2 lbs a week?

Friday, August 28, 2020

Is it safe to lose 2 lbs a week?

I was originally 65 lbs overweight about two and a half months ago. Im now 45 lbs overweight with a 20 lb weight loss. I used three different TDEE calculators and they all basically told me for a sedentary guy like me (cube job) I should aim for 17-1800 calories for 1 lb a week weight loss. Obviously this lowers when I lose weight.

Ive been aiming for 1 lb a week, eating mostly protein and carbs for the strength training Im doing 45 mins 4x a week. I'll admit it isn't the cleanest eating (fast food, fatty meat) but I always log and stop when I get between 17-1800 calories.

This has somehow caused me to lose between 1.8-2 lbs a week. My wife says this is not healthy and I need to eat more. I looked this up and got conflicting information, some say you should only go for 1 lb, and that two is not sustainable, others say 2 is the highest safe amount to lose per week.

What are your experiences?

submitted by /u/heybrother45
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/ii75p6/is_it_safe_to_lose_2_lbs_a_week/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...