Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Better to go slow than to go backwards

Monday, August 31, 2020

Better to go slow than to go backwards

I had an interesting thought this morning that I thought might be worth sharing here. For anyone interested, the rest of this paragraph will be about me, and the next will get into it. I am 25F 5’6 currently 155lbs. My goal weight is somewhere in the next 5-10lbs. I started dieting January 2019 at 190, got down to 151 in July ‘19, and then had a dark few months of binge eating to get me back to 184 in January 2020. I started losing weight until covid, gained a little, and started losing again in June. I track all of my calories and weigh myself everyday with a food scale and excel document. I ate 1600 for the majority of the time.

Based on the data I track, I have been in a 1000 calorie deficit. And over the past two weeks I have had two days of binge eating, plus a few days of just needed extra calories. Not the cute, I ate 500 calories above my deficit kind, but the shame-filled I cannot control myself kind. This is what set me so far backwards last year. I could tell I’ve been hungrier lately. Today at the gym I realized: I would rather progress slowly than to go backwards. I’ve upped my calories by about 400 this week and will see how I feel. It’s hard to give myself the permission to slow my progress but I’ll be so much better off for it in the long run! Don’t be afraid to listen to your body and take your time getting to your goals

submitted by /u/lololpasta
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/ijw9eo/better_to_go_slow_than_to_go_backwards/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...