Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: What do you do now to comfort yourself?

Wednesday, November 9, 2022

What do you do now to comfort yourself?

I don't think I need to tell this community that, often, we use food for emotional release. Whether that is to celebrate, connect with friends, ring in holidays, cope with hard times, or even just pass time and deal with boredom, food comes in handy.

Having lost about 55 lbs, I'd like to say that I've completely kicked that habit, but that would be a lie. When I've spent too long understimulated, I reach for something crunchy. When I'm upset, I get takeout or a dessert. When I'm celebrating, its time for drinks. I've gotten better about portion control and trying to reach for healthier options, but sometimes it's easy to slip back into old habits and unhealthy coping mechanisms.

Lately, I've been stress eating and justifying more treats and takeout than I really need (or even want, judging by how sick I felt this morning). In this, I've realized that while I have cut out most of my unhealthy coping mechanisms, I haven't replaced them as well as I should have. So I figured I'd open to the question to you all:

how do you comfort yourself without using food or alcohol? What did you replace this vice with? How do you celebrate your wins?

Give as many or as few ideas as you have. I'm intending for this to be a discussion or resource for people who are working on making the switches, to give them ideas for other, healthier emotional outlets. Thanks for anything you contribute!

submitted by /u/lesdemonium
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/yquby3/what_do_you_do_now_to_comfort_yourself/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...