Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: 3 tasty meals to incorporate more protein into your diet

Tuesday, November 1, 2022

3 tasty meals to incorporate more protein into your diet

We’ve probably all heard we're supposed to eat more protein per day. It’s filling, helps repair your muscles after a workout and if you're trying to lose weight, it can help your body hang onto its muscle while you lose fat.

Your life doesn't have to be filled only with cartons of egg whites and plain chicken breast. These are good options and staples for some people but let’s be honest - they aren't very exciting. Whenever I tried to eat only that on a diet thinking I had to eat those specific, plain foods to lose weight, I would start to lose my mind and end up tossing all of my “healthy” foods for something that had some flavor.

I love eating (partially why a fat loss diet is needed every now and then) and having reasonably tasty food is a must. These are some of the meals I use to go about getting my protein in. They’re filling, healthy and most importantly, they’re tasty enough I can eat them over and over again.

  1. Chicken breast with butter chicken sauce - I know I know, I complained about chicken breast 30 seconds ago and life filled with only plain chicken breast isn’t a life worth living. But I can (and have) eaten this day in and day out for weeks at a time. The sauce is vibrant and smooth and it only takes 1-2 Tbsp to make eating a bowl of chicken go down surprisingly easy. You can buy a premade jar of sauce and divide it between portions of chicken as needed or you can make your own and freeze the extra.
  • 2 Tbsp butter/ghee
  • 1 medium onion, diced
  • 1 ½ Tbsp chopped ginger (about 2 inch knob)
  • 2 tsp garam masala
  • 3 Tbsp flour
  • 1 tsp coriander
  • 1 ¾ tsp cumin
  • ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
  • ¾ tsp sugar
  • ¼ tsp black pepper
  • 1 cup cream
  • 1 cup tomato puree
  • Water to thin as needed
  • Combine flour, sugar and spices. Melt butter in a pan on medium and sweat the onions and ginger. After 5 min, add spices and flour and mix until no butter is left in the pan. Slowly add cream and tomato sauce and whisk together to incorporate flour/spice mix. Bring to a simmer for 1 min to thicken and cool.
  1. Chocolate banana milkshakes - I legit have this for breakfast almost every morning and I go to bed every night looking forward to it. A few quick tricks turns an otherwise boring protein smoothie into a delicious treat. Depending on how much you need to eat, scale back on the milk, peanut butter or oatmeal.
  • 2 cups skim milk (Fairlife milk has the most protein per cup so I use this)
  • 1-2 Tbsp peanut butter
  • 1 medium banana (trick #1 - peel your bananas, break them into 2-3 pieces and freeze them)
  • 1 scoop chocolate whey protein
  • 2-3 Tbsp PB2
  • ⅓ cup of oatmeal
  • 7 ice cubes (or half a tray)
  • 1 small cup of black coffee
  • ⅛ tsp xanthan gum (trick #2 - to thicken)
  • Blend that all together and you’re good to go. Adjust the amount of xanthan gum up or down depending on how you like the consistency. I’ve found changing the brand of protein powder I use makes the biggest difference and impacts how much xanthan gum I need to use
  1. Protein ice cream - aka protein fluff when I first heard about it. Surprisingly simple, surprisingly filling and my go to protein dessert substitute.
  • 200g frozen strawberries
  • ¼ cup skim milk
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I prefer casein here)
  • Microwave strawberries for 30 sec to soften. Add milk and protein powder and mash everything together with a potato masher (or microwave for longer and a fork would work). Once it looks like squishy pink goo, use a beater on medium/high to whip it into a light, fluffy mass. You’ll know it’s done when it has increased in volume by 3-4x and sounds airy when you scoop some out. I challenge you to eat the whole bowl and still be hungry after.
submitted by /u/the_machine18
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/yjpa0t/3_tasty_meals_to_incorporate_more_protein_into/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...