Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Need more calories now than I did at the start?

Monday, February 7, 2022

Need more calories now than I did at the start?

Hi! I started losing weight last January and am more or less at my goal weight now. Back then I was obese, now I'm on the lower end of healthy BMI. When I started losing, my strategy was to eat 1200 calories a day, and I stuck to it religiously for several months, often having days when I ate less. It could be mentally challenging at times but I don't recall feeling unusually tired or hungry or lacking in energy. We were locked down so I was very sedentary indeed.

I started running in March, and did a half-marathon in November (never something I imagined I could do!), and with the exercise and life generally I started to let my calorie budget relax a bit and lose weight a bit slower. That said, I tried to stick to 1200 where I could.

At the start of 2022, I thought it would be a good time to cut back to 1200 again for a bit. I'm running way less at the moment (a couple of 5ks a week to keep me ticking over), I'd just had a lot of extra food over Christmas, I thought it would be a good time to reset my habits. But to my surprise I found myself constantly starving, dizzy and exhausted to the point I couldn't focus on work, so I have had to up my calories again. It has actually been quite a weird mental adjustment to actually plan to eat over the limit I was working with for more than a year.

I just can't understand how an amount of food that was enough for me when I was so much larger suddenly doesn't sustain me. Someone suggested it could be because before my body was able to keep itself going with my stored fat? Maybe it's the early days surge of motivation? Or maybe it's just because of the running? I was wondering if anyone else might have had a similar experience, or know why this was happening.

submitted by /u/Perfect_Associate407
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/sn2vux/need_more_calories_now_than_i_did_at_the_start/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...