Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Just want to vent

Sunday, July 4, 2021

Just want to vent

I don't know how you guys do your user flairs so for reference, I'm a 5'2" woman, started at 160 lbs, currently at 142 lbs, aiming for 130 lbs.

I'm just demoralized as fuck by how little I am allowed to eat. Everywhere I look the internet is full of BS claims about "the average daily caloric needs of a sedentary woman are 2000 calories a day and you should not have less than 1200 calories in a day..." yeah, sure, if you're 5'8" or taller, but us short girls will GAIN weight if we eat more than 1500 net calories a day. And when I factor in hormonal birth control keeping my cycle at the stage with a lowered BMR, I have to subtract an additional 170 calories from my standard BMR in order to accurately calculate a deficit. Which means I basically have to eat 1200 net calories or less if I want to lose weight at all, even at a slow, mild deficit. And when I get to my goal weight I will have to keep only having 1300 net calories total in order not to gain it all back.

It sucks. Being short and female is the absolute pits when it comes to weight loss. I feel so much anger and jealousy when I see big tall men going on about how they're at a deficit when they're eating over 2000 calories a day. I'm so frustrated by the fact that any and every time I socialize by going for drinks or to a restaurant I'm fucked over by the fact that all the portion sizes are worked out for tall people. A single restaurant meal can be more than my whole day's calorie allotment!

The only good thing is that I can exercise to allow myself to have a bit more calories in a day, but I don't always have the time to do it.

It just SUCKS to be stuck having to eat so little forever!

submitted by /u/Background_Wall_2481
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/odox4f/just_want_to_vent/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...