Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Short ladies of loseit: how do you do a successful maintenance week?

Sunday, July 4, 2021

Short ladies of loseit: how do you do a successful maintenance week?

Hello all! After many weeks of 1200 cal per day and only a couple of days off I'm contemplating a maintenance week. I need advice on how to do it healthily and not gain fat. I think it would be good practice for when I'm actually at my goal weight and I think it'd be good for me--I've been tired of the 1200 cal for a couple weeks both physically and mentally. This indicates to me that it's time to switch things up.

I'm 5'2F and started my weight loss journey in earnest this January. SW: 200 CW: 159 GW: 120. I currently aim to lose 2lb/week but once I reach 136 pounds and am no longer overweight I will very likely switch to 1lb/week. My intent for the week would be to track macros heavily so that it's still a healthy week/so I can get used to that type of tracking--I mostly only look at calories right now. My questions are:

  • What factors go into your timing of the maintenance week?
  • Do you go based off of your current maintenance or your goal weight maintenance? (Or my sort of intermediate goal of just not overweight which is 136 pounds)
  • Where do you tend to add the calories?
  • Do you adjust your exercise in any way? I'd think not?
  • How do you avoid worrying when you see the scale going up due to water retention? (I currently weigh every day at the moment--us short girls know how quick something can go in the wrong direction).
  • Any pitfalls you've learned from?
  • Did you have any difficulty adjusting back to weight loss after your maintenance period was over? (I don't even know what this might be. Hunger pangs? Large appetite?)

I've worked so hard to get this far and I'm terrified of the scale going up. At the same time, I know rationally that 1200 cal and a goal of 2cal/week goal is fast, so there's nothing wrong with a quick pause. I am confident to say that I figured out the weight loss thing and will one day reach my goal, but I have zero experience with maintenance yet.

submitted by /u/Resolved867
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/odpbko/short_ladies_of_loseit_how_do_you_do_a_successful/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...