Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I got a great compliment today!

Thursday, October 1, 2020

I got a great compliment today!

I've been in the gym everyday, Monday-Friday, for the last 3 months, and, even though being so consistent is a huge win in and of itself, it's still disheartening to see the scale largely stay the same. Even though I went into this lifestyle change wanting more than anything to feel better in my own skin and not to see number drop, it's still hard seeing that I'm not losing yet.

That being said, I was in the gym today after a particularly crappy day, and one of the regulars was there too. He's a super fit dude and very good looking (idk his name so I'll call him handsome-fit-guy) and I usually divert eye contact with him in hopes to avoid any awkward conversations. However, today another person had finished their workout and asked if I wanted the remote to the tv when my time on the treadmill ended. I declined and offered the remote to handsome-fit-guy who said he would also be finishing up there shortly. I expressed how happy I was to be done with my workout because of my tough day, to which he said something like: "Yeah, it's important to go when you don't want to because it makes it that much easier to stay consistent." To which I said, "Yeah I hear consistentcy is key or something. uncomfortable half chuckle" He came back with "Well I see you in here all the time, so it looks like you've got that down."

I never wanted to feel noticed in the gym, least of all by handsome-fit-guy, but hearing someone say out loud that I have consistently been in the gym really helped me out. My friends and family are plenty supportive of me and my journey, and I'm starting to feel some more self love as I continue forward, but there's always that little voice saying "They're/you're biased! It's not true! You're not doing good enough!" And as much as I understand that the voice is wrong, having a complete stranger acknowledge my hard work is just the compliment I needed today.

To handsome-fit-guy, thank you. I appreciate your kind words more than you know!

submitted by /u/Cassiopeia2996
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/j3k14b/i_got_a_great_compliment_today/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...