Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Losing weight while taking ADHD medications

Friday, October 30, 2020

Losing weight while taking ADHD medications

I've struggle with weight for years. (Male, 40, 111kg, 184cm). I eat in a fog, not noticing I am doing it, and struggle to maintain routines.

A big part of this is, I have recently learnt, is because I had ADHD. The theory is that my brain has less dopamine transporters and so I struggle to focus and make clear decisions.

On 2 October I started taking dexamphetamine and it has changed my life. For the first time, I can make clear decisions about what I eat and how I exercise. I still make bad decisions sometimes (I'm only human) but the decisions are MINE.

This means that I have lost 4kg (8.8 pounds) since the start of the month!

HOWEVER, one of the side effects of dexamphetamine is weight loss because it acts as an appetite suppressant and makes the body burn calories faster than usual.

I need to lose weight but I want to do it in a healthy way.

I'm currently eating an average of 6000kj a day which I think might be too low.

What do you all think?

submitted by /u/griefofwant
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/jla1y7/losing_weight_while_taking_adhd_medications/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...