Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I maintained for a whole month!

Friday, October 30, 2020

I maintained for a whole month!

Admittedly, my goal was losing, not maintaining, but still! In September I lost 12lbs, and for the entire month of October I stayed consistently within +/- 1lb of that initial loss despite not meeting my calorie goals or even consistently recording my calories. I had some work and personal stress pop up that affected my progress, since I'm still working on overcoming the emotional eating component of my disordered eating habits. Obviously I would have liked to have continued to lose weight, but I've never maintained before and I'm excited about that alone. Any other time I've dieted in my life, a bad month meant a complete backslide and losing most or all of my progress. This has been a great reminder that every single good choice makes an impact, and that it doesn't have to be all or nothing to be successful. I knew that logically, but I don't think I've ever applied it before. I've heard for years that slow and steady is the way to go and that it's nonlinear, and this really cemented both of those ideas for me. I can have one stellar month, and then a break, and repeat that pattern until I hit my goal instead of trying to win every single battle every single day. It's also a great preview of what my eventual maintenance will look like- a balance between routinely making healthy choices and the occasional indulgence.

submitted by /u/i_sing_anyway
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/jkxddw/i_maintained_for_a_whole_month/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...