Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Counting calorie OUT - how accurate is Fitbit? I compared my CICO data over 11 weeks

Saturday, October 31, 2020

Counting calorie OUT - how accurate is Fitbit? I compared my CICO data over 11 weeks

First off, I am grateful to this sub for all the great resources and the inspirational posts. I have achieved something I didn’t think I’d be able to. Since July this year, I have lost 33 lbs. I am now in the normal BMI range, something I haven’t been in over 7 years. I’m going to include more details about my journey at the end, but now let’s get to the main part of this post.

After starting to track my calorie in/out, I always wondered about the actual amount of calories I’m burning every day and how accurate the calories shown in Fitbit was. Yes, I used the TDEE calculator but without knowing my BF%, I couldn’t be certain about the numbers. Yesterday, I compared my calorie in and out using the data from MFP and Fitbit over a period of 11 weeks. And, I was very surprised with the accuracy! The calculated and actual weight loss values were less than one lb apart (24.50 vs 23.56), which is impressive considering all the variables that go into the calculation. Here’s a chart showing the details of my calculation. Note that, the calculation was done starting about 3 weeks after I began my weight loss journey to negate the effects of water weight. Here’s my complete weight loss trend.

It would be interesting to see how accurate the fitness tracker is for people of different age, sex, etc. I found an older post describing similar experience, and I am interested to hear from you who have compared their results. I don’t own any other fitness trackers or smart watches so can’t compare the performances. But I expect other brands like Garmin and Apple to perform on a similar level. I would be happy to answer any questions you might have!

submitted by /u/DwightUC
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/jlf56j/counting_calorie_out_how_accurate_is_fitbit_i/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...