Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I have no real motivation to be a "healthy" weight.

Tuesday, October 27, 2020

I have no real motivation to be a "healthy" weight.

My original goal weight, my HS weight, would apparently still be obese, and I'm just frustrated. I liked myself at that size. I liked how I looked. I felt good about myself. I would be ecstatic if I got down to that weight again, and I'd be satisfied even though I'm taught I shouldn't be.

I have always been chubby - even as a toddler. My weight was never mentioned by doctors until I was in my late teens. My mom threw the letters we got about my weight from the days they weighed us in school in the trash because she didn't want me to feel bad about myself, so as a consequence I've never felt that being this wasy is bad or wrong. I'm currently 5'4 and 216. I know I need to lose weight,no just disagree with how much. I have no motivation to push last 180lbs - 170 at the most. I don't see the reasoning that someone my height and that weight is obese or even severely overweight. I think BMI is bullshit and not everyone has to fit into those boxes to be healthy.

I eat 1700-1900 calories a day and exercise probably moderately. We eat a decent amount of veggies, and while we eat out twice a week for dinner and a couple times for lunch, I make smart choices and log everything down to the dressing. I was 190 before I started a fibromyalgia medication and I know everyone screams meds don't really effect your weight but I don't see the 25lbs I gained back afterwards as a coincidence.

I just don't know if it's worth it if even if I feel great and feel like I look great it won't be enough for anyone else. Should I push myself to get to a goal I don't care about getting to please others, to please doctors, when my health related to things that could be affected by weight is fine? What should I do?

submitted by /u/Quothhernevermore
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/jjbl1m/i_have_no_real_motivation_to_be_a_healthy_weight/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...