Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: 5 Small Tips & Tricks To Help You Stay On Track

Friday, October 30, 2020

5 Small Tips & Tricks To Help You Stay On Track

I've tried losing weight for many years, and constantly failed sometime after starting. After many failed attempts, I've finally been able to past 3 months and I've lost 30 pounds and going. Here are some tips & tricks I wish I knew before:

  1. Protein is your best friend: When you're losing weight on a caloric deficit, you will lose a good amount of muscle along with fat. Losing muscle mass will cause you to have a higher body fat %, and you won't be pleased when your body looks different than someone else at the same weight. This is where protein will help you. Eating sufficient amount of protein (0.8g of protein for every 1lb of LEAN body weight is a good start) and doing weight training will help you preserve muscle as you lose weight. Anecdotally, I've found that on days where I ate >100g of protein, I felt much fuller and energized.

  2. Counting down days>Counting down weight: Completely anecdotally, but I have found that making my goal a date made it much easier to stay on track than when I set my end goal at a certain weight. When I started my diet, I decided that my goal was 190 days, I created a sheet with 190 box's and after each day I would fill in one of the squares. The reason why I think this works for me is because having my end goal be a certain weight, was difficult to visualize. Some weeks I'd lose lots of weight and it would look like I would reach my goal in a few weeks. while the next week I'd barely lose weight and the end seemed far out of reach, With counting down the days though, every night I know that would I get to fill in one square, which means I'm 1 days closer to reach my goal. It's small, but goes a long way in this battle.

  3. Food isn't going anywhere: One tip that has helped me stop urges in their tracks is writing down whatever food I'm craving and promising myself that I will get to enjoy it in X amount of days. I don't know why this works, but it always does and has been my go-to to fight urges. I have lots of food on my list, but hey one day of terrible eating after 190 days of discipline won't kill me.

  4. Keep yourself busy: Find stuff to do that will keep your mind occupied. Luckily (?) for me, school/work always keep me busy enough that I can ignore my cravings, but when I do have free time, I keep myself busy by working out or watching something that interests me. Do whatever works for you.

  5. Cook your own food: I really wish I started doing this early, because mann is it great. Not only is it fun to cook, but you begin to learn so much and you'll be amazed by how much you can while still staying under your daily need. Being able to truly customize your meals is such a awesome little perk to cooking your own food.

Hope these work for you as they have for me. Godspeed.

submitted by /u/WannaBeTycoon
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/jlat1t/5_small_tips_tricks_to_help_you_stay_on_track/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...