Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Maintenance Break for the Cold Months?

Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Maintenance Break for the Cold Months?

Hi all! As you can see from my flair, my current stats are 5'6" and 138lbs (coming from 168, woo 30lbs lost!) and that I'm aiming to lose another ~12lbs, and then bulk/regain muscle to the 130-135 range.

The problem I'm having is that I live in the Midwest. It has already started snowing, and I am generally frickin freezing during the winter anyway, on top of Seasonal Affective Disorder-ISH symptoms (I wouldn't say I have it, though). Lately it has been really difficult to maintain my deficit (thanks Halloween candy, election, and midterms!), and as such my weight loss has really slowed down. I'm also only about 3lbs away from the weight I eventually want to live at anyway.

So I'm considering basically maintaining from now until March, aiming to eat at my sedentary TDEE; I have a dog, exercise semi-regularly, and hold an on-my-feet part-time job, so there SHOULD still be a deficit of 150-250 calories a day, meaning I can expect to lose 1-1.5lbs per month.

My reasoning is:

  1. It will be good practice to see if my Ultimate Goal Weight feels sustainable and comfortable for me.
  2. It will give me time to reconsider whether I want to cut/bulk or simply do the longer, slower approach to body recomposition.
  3. Being in a caloric deficit makes you feel colder, and with weather that is typically freezing or below, that doesn't really appeal to me.

Has anyone else done something similar? Any tips for keeping warm while in a deficit?

Thanks!!

submitted by /u/e-spero
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/jjp317/maintenance_break_for_the_cold_months/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...