Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Taking a break - posting for accountability and to share my insights so far.

Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Taking a break - posting for accountability and to share my insights so far.

Hey lovely people of r/loseit!

Here’s the stats to help you understand: 35F, 5’7”, SW 184 CW 171 GW 150.

Anyway, my story is basically that I never had my weight move much from 145-155 until 2 years ago. I have a history of disordered eating but kept my weight steady because I mentally progressed beyond the desire of going too low. Sooo, any time I gained a little I would just crash diet HARD and get back to the status quo. Until I had the most stressful 2 years of my life and gained 30 lbs. Turns out you can’t just white knuckle your way through losing 30 lbs eating less than 1000 calories a day. Gaining this much has forced me to grow as a person and I am choosing to treat it as a gift.

ANYWAY this subreddit has been so useful in learning to deal with a larger weight gain and actually using healthy strategies to lose. As part of this, I’ve decided it’s time for a break at 170 lbs, 1/3 of the way through my journey and 2 months into this project.

Here’s how this break will look:

  • I will eat approximately 1700 calories a day, and still track what I eat. 1700 is my maintenance calories at goal weight and I am using this time to practice what maintenance will be like.

  • I’ll continue to get my steps in and weigh myself.

  • I’ll put a calendar reminder for Thursday next week simply asking myself if I’ve had enough of a break and whether I should continue with my break or get back to work.

  • I’ll journal my experience so I can plan out my next break at 160 lbs!

Anyway thanks for all the help I’ve gotten here. If I get a strong response I will update you all on how things went! :)

submitted by /u/health_throwaway_161
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/jk2a0b/taking_a_break_posting_for_accountability_and_to/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...