Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I think I'm plateauing because I don't want to lose any more weight.

Friday, October 30, 2020

I think I'm plateauing because I don't want to lose any more weight.

F29 - 5'5" - SW 230lbs - CW 170lbs

I have run the gamut of weights. When I met my husband over 9 years ago, I weighed 120lbs. This was down from 220 four years earlier. I have been up and down more times than I can count on one hand.

This time around, I didn't diet. I made smarter food choices and made sure I was relatively active every day.

I subscribe to a lot of loss-related subreddits. I see progress pictures frequently. In the beginning, I used those as fuel. But lately I've hit a plateau. I've been stuck between 170 and 175 for the past two months.

I know I'm not yet at a 'healthy' weight. I could be way thinner. But here's the thing: I don't want to look the way people my build look when they weigh a 'healthy' weight. Right now, I'm curvy, I'm soft, but defined. I'm strong. I'm capable. When I weighed even 140, my bones were obvious and prominent. It required constant work and attention to maintain that. I don't want to do that anymore, especially raising a young daughter.

My question is: is it okay to stop here? Is there a bigger picture I'm missing here where I'm doing a disservice to myself and others by not prioritizing my weight? I've maintained a 55lb loss for 2 months, that must be progress, but I'm conflicted now. Any words of wisdom are welcome.

submitted by /u/anonyamouse
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/jlbgsk/i_think_im_plateauing_because_i_dont_want_to_lose/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...