Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: NSV: I...can keep ice cream uneaten in the freezer??!?!!

Thursday, October 29, 2020

NSV: I...can keep ice cream uneaten in the freezer??!?!!

I have had ice cream sitting in the freezer for the past couple of weeks without really thinking much about it or getting the urge to eat it. I didn't think that was even possible for me!

A couple of years ago I decided that my new ice cream rule was: I could only eat ice cream at an ice cream parlor - I couldn't buy it from the grocery store and keep it at home, because I just ended up eating it all in unhealthy quantities. The ice cream parlor might seem more expensive at first glance, but it didn't work that way for me, because with this rule, I ended up having much less ice cream (and appreciating it much more, since it was a fancy ice cream parlor treat!) So it was a win all round, for both my health and my budget.

Lately I've been wondering if I really still need to have that rule, so I bought a few little 100ml tubs of Haagen-Dazs like a month ago, and I've only eaten two in all that time. (!!!) There is still ice cream in my freezer. Uneaten. That is not emitting a siren call to me to eat it.

Now, I have not turned into a superhuman fiend who is somehow un-tempted by treats.

I think what's happened here is that my morning bowl of yogurt and granola has evolved to the point of being both delicious and somehow satisfying some of the same desire that ice cream satisfies. I never would have expected that, but here we are!

The yogurt isn't frozen, but it has some ice cream similarities: very dairy, smooth creamy texture, sweetness and crunch from the granola (my favourite types of ice cream have crunchy nuts in them), chocolateyness from the granola (I also love vanilla ice cream with chocolatey bits...Haagen-Dazs Swiss chocolate almond, mmmmmmm).

And my chocolate granola is homemade and has, over some months of tweaking, become the Best Granola Ever if I do say so myself. I'll add the recipe in the comments in case anyone is interested. :)

For anyone who might be thinking to themselves - "that's great and all, but *I* don't like yogurt that much, so that wouldn't work for me..." Once, I was even as you! lol. I was never a yogurt fan until last year when I started trying plain unsweetened yogurt with granola on top, and now I am a convert. I don't think I'll ever much like the fruity ones, but this is my new favourite breakfast and I look forward to it every morning.

submitted by /u/cinnamonandmint
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/jkow7r/nsv_ican_keep_ice_cream_uneaten_in_the_freezer/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...