Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: NSV - Didn't feel out of place

Friday, October 30, 2020

NSV - Didn't feel out of place

Hello all. So I had a really lovely experience today, but didn't realise it until just after I left the store.

TLDR did a gait test for running shoes and not only did I not feel judged, but she didn't need to check my weight before going on a treadmill!

I've been counting calories and living a healthier life since January. Currently lost 30Kg and really feel like I've got my life back. Part of my health journey has been getting over thinking people will look at me or judge me if they see me exercising in public. In July I decided to start running, in public, and to my shock people didn't really care. I got nods from other runners, nobody pointed and laughed, it really felt good. Recently my 10 year old set of trainers has been getting some use and have died on me, so I decided to really invest. I went to a "proper running store" to do a gait test.

The lady waved me over and set up the treadmill, told me the average running speed and off I went. I ran at pace, kept it going for 3 minutes, got off the treadmill and didn't feel self conscious about running literally in the middle of the store. I got fantastic advice that took my word as true, not with a fat person filter and with no doubts about whether I really ran. It was only after I left the store that I realised she didn't ask my weight before I got on the treadmill. She'd seen a normal sized person and assumed I was in weight. I feel invincible right now!

To those just getting started, to those starting to struggle, you've got this. I used to be the 11 year old at the back of the pack who hated running and would walk to not be embarrassed... now I run because it's fun!

submitted by /u/lozzeydegs
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/jkyvq1/nsv_didnt_feel_out_of_place/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...